Lentils EH Puy Premium 700 g Epicureal
Puy lentils are tiny, and dark bluish-green in colour. Prized for its small size and low starch content that results in a firm texture when cooked. Requires no pre-soaking, cooks to tender in 20-25 minutes, and has a nutty, earthy flavour with hints of spice. Lentil du Puy is a common garnish for traditional French dishes including Confit of Duck, Goose, or Pork. Great in hearty meat stews or game dishes.
- WHY CHOOSE PUY LENTILS – Green Eh Puy Lentils are special because they hold their shape extremely well, better than pretty much any other type of lentils, so they are the ideal contender for salads as well as light soups, when you’d rather the lentils in the pot not turn to mush. They also don’t need to be soaked before cooking!
- UNIQUE FLAVOUR – The flavour of these lentils is slightly different than other types; it’s a bit nutty and peppery, with a slight mineral-like, earthy flavor. Their flavour lends itself well to rich middle-eastern and Mediterranean dishes.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION – Puy lentils are a great source of iron, manganese, B1, dietary fibre (both soluble and insoluble) and folate. They are also very low GI (due to their fibre content) and also slightly alkaline. When served with a grain in the same meal, they provide a complete protein.
- USAGE IDEAS – We often make them into a thick daal or curry and have them with cous cous, quinoa, bulgar wheat, rice or chapattis. Lentil du Puy is a common garnish for traditional French dishes including Confit of Duck, Goose, or Pork. Great in hearty meat stews or game dishes.
- PERFECT FOR ATHLETES – These lentils are about 25% pure protein (18 grams per cup), which is easy to ingest & easy for your body to digest. Unlike protein from meat sources, lentils don’t raise your lipids levels up, and are the perfect addition to any meal plan if you’re counting calories to meet your goals.