Panko Japanese Crumbs 260 g YOSHI
A Japanese secret for ultra-crunchy fried food. Panko is made from a special bread coarsely ground into large, light, airy shards. Larger than commercial breadcrumbs, the crisp coating doesn't absorb excess oil and fried foods stay crisp even at room temperature. Use it to coat fish, shrimp, crab cakes or for vegetables like zucchini and sweet potato.
bleached wheat flour, sugar, yeast, salt. Contains: Wheat
- PREMIUM QUALITY – We believe in providing only the highest quality authentic asian ingredients with the best flavours to North American homes & restaurants. Our authentic Japanese Panko Breadcrumbs are the perfect ingredient to add to your kitchen for Asian inspired cooking.
- LIGHT & CRISPY – Our Japanese Panko has a crisper, airier texture than most types of bread crumbs found in Western cuisine, and resists absorbing oil or grease when fried resulting in a lighter coating. Fried foods stay crisp even at room temperature.
- PRODUCTION – Our Panko is made from bread baked by electrical current, which yields a bread without a crust, and then grinding the bread to create fine slivers of crumb. This ensures a consistent texture of large, light, airy flakes.
- HOW TO USE – For most recipes, panko is used as a coating before frying and baking, as a crispy topping for baked dishes, or mixed into ingredients as a binder. But panko can also be a crunchy garnish for steamed asparagus or roasted broccoli. To use as a garnish, first toast the panko, either in a 325 F oven for about 12 minutes or on the stove in very hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
- USAGE IDEAS – Most frequently used as a breading for seafood, you can also use our panko as a topping for macaroni and cheese, vegetables like zucchini and sweet potato, a light breaded coating for any fried foods, as a meatball binder, or anywhere else you would use regular breadcrumbs.