Cayenne Ground 5 lbs 24K
Back in the old days, any pepper that was pretty hot was called a Cayenne pepper after the region in South America that was known for its export of these hot peppers. Every spice rack should have this! Cayenne is a large, red, hot pepper that is dried and ground to a bright red powder and added to cooking for its spice and intense heat. It is used to finish a traditional Hollandaise sauce and in hot crab dishes. It is a staple ingredient in dry spice rubs for meats such as spareribs and adds heat to barbecue sauce.
- 1 x 5 lb bag (2.27 Kg) of all natural ground cayenne pepper seasoning
- 100% pure Cayenne chili Peppers, dried then ground to a powder. Scoville Heat Units: 25,000 - 32,000
- Turn up the heat! Pure Cayenne is about 8 times hotter than typical chili powders (which are blends)
- Widely believed to be the healthiest spice in the world. Good source of Vitamin A, B-6, C, and Iron
- Adds color, flavor and heat to meat marinades, curries, BBQ sauces, bean dishes, spice rubs