Ceylon Cinnamon Powder 454 g Epicureal
Cinnamon is characteristically woody, musty and earthy in flavour and aroma. It is warming to taste. The finer the grind, the more quickly the Cinnamon is perceived by the taste buds. Cinnamon is both sweet and savoury and used to flavour beverages from Mexican hot chocolate, German Gluhwein and sweet, hot apple cider in North America. Cinnamon is considered to be an essential spice in the kitchen and also used in traditional Arabic, Indian and Mexican stews of lamb, goat and chicken cooked with dried fruit such as prunes or apricots.
- SWEETER CINNAMON – Ceylon cinnamon is a more refined and more unique form of cinnamon. It has a sweeter, more delicate flavor than regular cinnamon does, which may make it preferable for flavoring desserts and lighter dishes.
- RAW SUPERFOOD SPICE – Ceylon Cinnamon powder is made from the inner bark or cinnamon trees. The inner bark is extracted, dried & naturally forms strips that curl into rolls known as cinnamon sticks. These are then ground to form this premium cinnamon powder.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – These properties mean Ceylon cinnamon supports your immune health through being high in antioxidants & containing anti-inflammatory properties. Ceylon cinnamon was part of a study that showed it enhanced antioxidant enzyme activity. It aids in the breaking down of food particles and to stimulate saliva and gastric juices, which helps with most aspects of digestion and nutrient absorption. You can also sprinkle cinnamon on acidic food before eating in order to avoid indigestion.
- USAGE IDEAS – Best known as a spice, and often sprinkled on hot drinks or toast. Use to top various desserts and rolls, or simply put a pinch of powder in your mouth to help improve oral hygiene!
- A SIMPLE TREAT – Looking for a treat to soothe your sweet tooth? Try brushing store bought pizza dough with butter, roll them in cinnamon and sugar, then twist and bake for a sweet treat. Pair with a nice cup of hot cocoa and you have a delicious meal.