Galangal Powder 454 g Dinavedic
An aromatic with a pungent, peppery, citrus-like flavour used in Asian cooking. Galangal Powder is made from a rhizome, like ginger, that originates in Malaysia and is a staple in Thai, Indonesian, Malaysian and Vietnamese cooking. It's convenient to use in dry form, and one teaspoon of powder is the equivalent of a 1/2 inch of peeled fresh galangal. Its distinct flavour is used in Malaysian beef curry, Thai green curry, Tom Yum soup, and peanut sauce for satay.
- INCREDIBLE FLAVOUR – Galangal Powder made from grinding raw galangal root is a powerful, sharp tasting spice. With its aromatic properties and citrus like flavour, it adds a kick when added to a dish. Originating from South East Asian cuisine Galangal Powder is a great substitute for tumeric, ginger or even garlic!
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Galangal Powder is known for having powerful properties. Galangal root is also known to have high amounts of antioxidants which helps soothe stomach and digestive issues.
- AUTHENTIC SOUTH EAST ASIAN SPICE – Sourced directly from Indonesia, rest assured you’re ordering the highest of quality fresh ground galangal root powder on the market. It is used in South-East Asia the way that ginger is used in other Asian cuisines, but is not nearly as spicy as ginger and contains hints of lemon and cardamom.
- CHOOSE GROUND OVER WHOLE – Galangal Powder is a high quality addition to your spice collection, and convenient to use in its dry grounded form. 1 Teaspoon is equivalent to a ½ inch peeled, fresh galangal. Ground Galangal maintains the taste and is effective in saving you time in the kitchen.
- STEP UP YOUR SIMMIER – Galangal Powder will add a piney, citrus taste to your cooking. It’s mainly used in South-East Asian curries, soups and sauces. Galangal is extremely versatile and can be added to any stews, or even be used to make your chilli stand out from the crowd.