Chestnut Flour 454 g Almondena
Chestnut flour is an alternative to regular all-purpose white flour. But, because there is no gluten, bread made entirely of chestnut flour does not rise like flour with gluten. Chestnuts were first used to make flour by Roman peasants. Chestnut Flour is used in the preparation of traditional Italian cakes and in doughs for cookies and tarts. It makes delicious crepes and fritters served with ice cream and chestnut honey. Chestnut Flour also makes excellent gnocchi.
- TUSCANY’S SECRET INGREDIENT – One of the most fundamental ingredients of the Tuscan mountain region, chestnuts have supported that population with their high calorie content and versatility. This has yielded to countless delicious Italian recipes.
- ONE QUALITY INGREDIENT – Our chestnut flour only has one ingredient: ground chestnut. This makes it so that you can be confident that there are no preservatives or extra ingredients that you didn’t sign up for. Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- COMBINE WITH MAIN FLOUR – Since chestnut flour doesn’t rise in the same way that gluten with flour does, it’s typically mixed with a main flour to give that salivating chestnut flavour. Generally you would make it 10-20% of the total flour weight.
- CAN USE WITH GRAIN-FREE FLOURS – If you’re on a gluten-free diet, no problem! You can also combine chestnut flours with other types of gluten-free flours, such as almond flour and coconut flour.
- PLETHORA OF USES – Apart from baking tasty chestnut bread, you can use it in pancakes and waffles, make it into pasta or polenta or porridge, make the classic castagnaccio, gnocchi and more. The limits are only bound by your imagination!