Flax Seeds Brown - 1 kg Epigrain
Most brown flax seeds are grown in Canada, the world leader in flax production. Flax seeds are the latest craze among healthy eaters. Flax Seed is produced and can be added, as is, to many preparations including pilafs and baked goods. They are frequently ground and added to smoothies, hot cereals, and muffins or quick breads for a nutritional boost. Flax Seeds can be mixed with water and used as a substitute for eggs in baking for special diets.
Brown Flax Seeds
- NUTRITIOUS – Flax seeds may be small but they contain some of the highest levels of nutrients on the planet! Rich in fibre, antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids. Flax is also low in carbohydrates making it an ideal choice for people who need to monitor their intake of starches and sugars.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – If you’re looking to consume foods that are beneficial to your health you’ve come to the right place. Flax seeds are a terrific ingredient to add to your every day diet. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, lignans, and dietary fibre and protein. These flax seeds are known to improve overall health.
- FLAVOUR – Flax seeds have a warm, earthy and subtly nutty flavour. Their flavor is warm and earthy with a subtly nutty edge. Flax seeds feature a soft crunch and a mealy texture. They make for a wonderful and delicious addition to many dishes!
- CONSUMPTION – Flax seeds are usually not consumed whole but rather ground. By grounding them down into a powder, their nutrient absorption is enhanced and easier to digest. Grind flax seeds in a coffee or seed grinder in order to enhance their digestibility and therefore their nutritional value.
- USAGE IDEAS – The great thing about flax seeds is that they are so versatile and suitable for almost every meal. Some of our favourite forms of consumption include being sprinkled on hot or cold cereal, mixed into muffins, cookies or your favourite baked goods. Add into your shakes and smoothies, or sprinkle over vegetables.