Grits Hominy (Corn) 1 kg Epigrain
Cooking Hominy Grits is really easy and tastes like grits! It can be compared to Cream of Wheat, but made from corn not wheat. Because of its neutral taste, they serve as the base of many delicious dishes. Great served at breakfast with bacon and eggs. It can be cooked like polenta to a soft porridge and served sweet as a dessert, with butter and salt or as a savoury porridge topped with sautéed spicy shellfish. Hominy is traditionally found in Mexican soups and stews such as Pozole, which contains pork or chicken.
- MEXICAN TRADITION – Hominy Grits are traditionally found in Mexican cuisine. They are delicious in Mexican soups and stews such as Pozole, with pork or chicken. Whether you’re looking for a sweet or savoury treat, we’ve got you covered!
- COOKING WITH GRITS – It is simple and quick to create a delicious side dish of hominy grits. Generously salt your water and simmer the grits until it is thick and mushy. It can also be simmered with chicken stock or milk. Add butter, cream or cheese for an extra dose of flavour.
- WHAT IS IT – Cooking Hominy Grits is really easy and tastes like grits! It can be compared to Cream of Wheat, but made from corn not wheat. Because of its neutral taste, they best serve as the base of many delicious dishes.
- VERSATILE – Hominy Grits can be served in more ways than one. It is an absolutely delicious and nutritious addition to your bacon and eggs at breakfast. It can be cooked like polenta to a soft porridge and served as a sweet dessert, with butter and salt. Hominy Grits can also make a savoury porridge topped with sauteed spicy shellfish.
- FLAVOUR – Hominy Grits when cooked are mushy, thick and smooth. The flavour is mildly neutral and often takes on the flavour of whatever you choose to mix it with. Added salt, cream, butter and cheese leave hominy grits tasting less raw and more delicious.