Butterfly Pea Flower Powder 227 g Dinavedic
With its rich purple-blue hue, this edible dried flower is native to Thailand and can be used to naturally color the food in a variety of dishes. The flower is grinded into a fine powder that is perfect for jasmine rice, cake, pudding and icing, this flower can also be added into a variety of desserts for the definitive, natural blue color. The flower itself is full of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties so take advantage of its health benefits by mixing the powder in hot water and enjoying a simple and nutritious drink!
butterfly pea flower
- PURE DRIED BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER POWDER – Also known as blue matcha, this vegetal & floral flavoured powder is perfect for making exotic tea-infused cocktails, coloured lattes, desserts, or just for some surprise fun in your cup. It tastes great with stevia, organic honey, sugar and spices and ginger tea.
- MAGIC IN YOUR CUP – Watch the color change in front of your eyes! Depending on what the powder is mixed with it can change colors from blue to purple to pink. These color shifting abilities can be used for countless effects in the food industry, most commonly teas or cocktails prepared tableside.
- KNOWN FOR ITS COLOR – With a rich purple-blue hue, this pure butterfly pea flower powder is the perfect way to add a splash of color to your dish or drink. Commonly used in the traditional Thai beverage, Nam Dok Anchan, or Blue Matcha Tea - a caffeine-free herbal tea. It can be steeped both hot or cold, however it will dissolve much faster in hot water.
- UNIQUE HEALTH BENEFITS – The flower itself is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties so take advantage of its health benefits by steeping the flower in hot water and enjoying a simple and nutritious tea! Combine with lemongrass for a supercharging tea with a more complex aroma and flavour.
- USAGE IDEAS – Brew in boiling water with honey for a delicious deep cobalt blue herbal tea. For the Thai welcome tea Nam Dok Anchan add a slice of lemon or lime. Use as a natural colouring for cocktails like martinis, or foods like jasmine rice and cake frosting. Freeze to create unique blue ice cubes, or use to boil blue rice.