Knight Rice 1 kg Epigrain
Starts black then turns into purple when cooked, it's called Forbidden China Black Rice. Slightly sticky, pleasantly nutty, definitely chewy, this medium grain heirloom glutinous rice is native to cold climates in northern China. Nutritionally rich and high in antioxidants. Used in both savoury and sweet dishes it makes a superb accompaniment to roast meats when tossed with an abundance of roast root vegetables. Enjoyed as a sweet pudding made with coconut milk and served with fresh mango.
black (knight) rice
- ROYAL HISTORY – Also called “emperor’s rice”, black knight rice was once reserved for chinese emperors and nobles for their exceptional benefits.
- LOVELY ON THE PALATE – Black knight rice has a delicious earthy, nutty flavour akin to brown rice. However, the pleasant chewy texture is more like that of white rice.
- HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANTS – The outer layer of black rice has one of the highest concentrations on anthocyanins of any food. Anthocyanin is an antioxidant, which is known for its beneficial properties.
- HIGHLY NUTRITIONAL – Black knight rice is high in fibre and higher in protein than even the other alternatives to white rice, making it the best choice.
- USES – This rice makes superb accompaniment to roast meats when tossed with an abundance of roasted root vegetables, or even enjoyed as a sweet pudding made with coconut milk and served with fresh mango!