Koji Paste 750 g Hanamaruki
Koji paste is a fermented rice paste that is known for their distinct, umami flavor. The carbohydrate and starch in the rice is converted into sugars, which is great for balancing out harsh flavours through subtle sweetness. Add it to marinades for meats and vegetables or use it as a daily seasoning!
Water, wheat, soybeans, salt, lactic acid, sodium benzoate.
- ENHANCE FLAVOURS – Koji Paste is not usually used to add flavour to dishes, but to bring out the flavour that is already there. It has a umami savoury taste bringing out the sweeter notes. An essential ingredient in Japanese cuisine.
- JAPANESE CUISINE – Koji paste, the savory secret weapon, is a popular seasoning traditionally used for the enhancement of countless classic Japanese dishes. A simple way to add a burst of Asian flavour to your meal with one simple ingredient. Perfect for vegetables, seafood, beef, soup, and salad dressings.
- MARINATE – Koji Miso paste makes for an excellent marinade. Use a tablespoon to marinade fish, chicken, beef or pork. Let it marinate for about 15 to 20 minutes before cooking. You’ll be blown away by the tenderization and savory umami flavours koji paste pulls out of your meats.
- VEGETABLE SNACKS – Although cucumbers or green beans are delicious on their own, Koji Miso paste can provide and enhanced flavour making you grab these delicious greens more often. Rub Koji paste onto plain cucumbers or steamed beans and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- OTHER IDEAS – Koji Miso Soybean Paste is a fermented paste made from soybeans. Top your next burger with miso onions, prepare a traditional miso soup, use it as a seasoning alternative to salt or soy sauce, stir fry, or even make a sauce to serve with pan fried meats or fish.