Vadouvan (French) Curry 60 g Epicureal
The French version of Masala, blending classic curry spices with french aromatics such as shallots, garlic and onion. Great as a seasoning for lamb, goat, chicken or vegetables
Spices, turmeric, salt, onion, garlic, smoked salt, shallots, sugar, olive oil. Contains mustard.
- ORIGINS – This is a French interpretation of an Indian Masala called vadavam, from southern India. This vadouvan French curry has a rich savory flavor that is more familiar to Western palates than many Indian spice mixtures.
- YOU’RE IN CHARGE – If you want to experiment with the spice at home, start small by incorporating it in a salad or in a grain dish. In recipes that call for curry, vadouvan can be substituted for a new twist and flavor profile. You get make your own flavour rules!
- FANTASTIC FLAVOUR – The flavor of this spice blend is best described as being mellow and sweet with smoky notes. You will often find the familiar flavors of onions and shallots in the background of the more assertive flavors.
- USAGE IDEAS – Use this masala curry powder to make a delicious French style curried chicken, as a marinade for shrimp or fish, or wherever you would use regular curry powder. Even toss some root vegetables with a table spoon of the powder and throw them in the oven.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS – Our Vadouvan French Curry Powder is made with the perfect blend of premium ingredients we have imported from all over the world. It is blended from turmeric, salt, onion, garlic, smoked salt, mustard, shallots, sugar, and olive oil.