Tapioca Pearls Medium 5 lbs Epigrain
Tapioca pearls are made from a starch extracted from the cassava root (Tapioca) that's processed to make the chewy pearls commonly used in Bubble tea. They are made by pushing moist tapioca starch through a sieve. The pearls are a naturally gluten-free thickening agent. Used in traditional Filipino Coconut and Mango pudding they also add an interesting texture in popsicles. Medium pearl size in diameter: 1mm - 3mm
Tapioca, sodium metabisulphite
- NATURALLY GLUTEN-FREE – Tapioca pearls are made from a starch extracted from the cassava root, which is a naturally gluten-free ingredient. This makes it a perfect fit for a variety of alternative diets.
- ONE ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENT – Our tapioca pearls only have one ingredient: Tapioca. This makes it so that you can be confident that there are no preservatives/additives or extra ingredients that you didn’t sign up for.
- THICKENING AGENT – As a naturally gluten-free thickening agent, tapioca pearls can be used to make puddings, pies and jellies.
- MAKE A DELICIOUS TAPIOCA PUDDING – Small tapioca pearls are most famous for their use in a classic dessert, the old-fashioned tapioca pudding. Get creative with it by adding some fruit or chocolate! You can also make the Filipino variant of the dessert, Tambo-Tambo, which contains mango and coconut milk.
- MORE USES – Tapioca pearls can be used in all types of desserts, popsicles, sweet drinks, dumplings, in savory dishes such as vegetable or cream-based soups… the possibilities only end with your imagination!
Soak tapioca pearls in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain. Boil water in a medium size pot. Add tapioca pearls and lower to medium heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes uncovered or until pearls are soft and chewy. Stir occasionally to prevent the pearls from sticking. Once soften, remove from heat. Strain the pearls and wash under cold water. Serve warm or cold.