Glucose Powder 1 kg Royal Command
Glucose is a white granular powder and is a sugar derived from starch, often corn. It is used to increase the sugar content in sweets, acts as a stabilizer in ice cream and sorbet, and increases the shelf life of baked goods. Glucose powder is used in sugar work to prevent re-crystallization and to give the sugar greater elasticity for pulling and shaping. It can be used as a direct substitute for granulated sugar and is used to sweeten protein powder mixes and in cakes mixes. DE: 22.0 - 27.0
corn syrup solids (100% glucose)
- PREMIUM INGREDIENT – Derived from starch, usually from corn, this white granular powder is free from artificial flavourings and colourings. This sweetener works well as a substitute for granulated sugar in food and drinks.
- ENERGIZING – Glucose powder is a great energy source so add it to your recovery drink after a workout. This sweet product will work quickly to replenish your energy levels after a lot of activity and is a good sweetener for protein drinks.
- ENHANCE THE TEXTURE OF FOOD – Glucose powder works well in ice cream or sorbet to prevent the water from crystallising into ice particles, helping to keep the texture smooth. When making icing, it ensures the texture stays smooth and gives the icing a glossy appearance.
- IMPROVE THE STABILITY OF FOOD – This versatile glucose powder can also be added to ingredients to enhance their stability. In confectionary, for example, it prevents crystallisation and increases the confectionary’s elasticity for better moulding. It also enhances the stability of jams and preserves and acts as a sweetener.
- USE IT WHEN BAKING – When making baked goods, adding glucose powder increases their shelf life. It also acts as a sweetener to enhance the flavour.