Maple Sugar Fine 1 kg Royal Command
This sugar made from pure Quebec maple syrup is an absolute treat. Fine Maple Sugar is light golden in colour, has a fine texture, and a distinct and appealing natural maple flavour. Use it to top hot or cold cereal or add it to warm drinks such as cider, hot milk or coffee drinks for a unique and delicious sweetness. Use in place of sugar in baking and is a natural for shortbread cookies or to add maple flavour to oatmeal cookies. Great in muffins and cakes and is superb when mixed with butter to form the caramel for a traditional Tarte Tatin.
- SUBSTITUTE WHITE SUGAR AND SWEETENERS — Maple sugar has a lower score on the glycaemic index and a higher nutritional value than processed sugar and sweeteners. Replace your normal white sugar or sweeteners with this maple sugar where possible in drinks or when cooking.
- ADD TO YOUR DRINKS — As well as being a healthier alternative to processed white sugar, maple sugar adds a delicious sweetness to hot and cold drinks. Try it with hot milk, in your tea or coffee, in cider or in lemonade.
- GREAT FOR BAKING — Use this fine maple sugar when baking scones, muffins, cakes and cookies for a delicious maple flavour. Make a tasty pecan pie or combine the sugar with apples in some granola bars.
- SAVOURY MEALS — Make a maple glaze for grilled salmon or sprinkle the sugar over chicken while it’s being grilled. Include the maple sugar in a rub for beef. Maple sugar goes well with bacon so add the two ingredients together when cooking dishes.
- ENHANCE YOUR DESSERTS — Mix this fine sugar into yoghurt or ice cream to add a sweet maple flavour. Sprinkle it over fruit instead of white sugar and use it over your cereal, waffles and pancakes too.