Chicory Root cut and sifted Roasted 454 g Dinavedic
The deep, slightly bitter flavour of black coffee without the caffeine. Roasted chicory root comes from a herbaceous perennial plant whose roots (and leaves) are bitter, and when roasted has a caramelised flavour similar to coffee. It has been long used as a coffee substitute and is blended with coffee beans, like the famous Café du Monde coffee in New Orleans. It's also used as a dietary supplement because the root contains inulin, a natural sweetener and prebiotic, and a source of dietary fibre. Use it to infuse steamed milk for a cafe latte.
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Here at Dinavedic, we’re known to source only the best quality products from around the world, and our Roasted Chicory Root is no exception! Our cut and sifted Roasted Chicory Root comes from the herbaceous perennial plant, whose roots (and leaves) are bitter, which when roasted have a flavour similar to coffee. With no additives, or preservatives, enjoy this all natural coffee alternative to help reduce caffeine intake.
- CHICORY ROOT COFFEE – Roasted Chicory Root has been famously used as a coffee substitute around the world, as it has the deep, slightly bitter, flavour of black coffee, WITHOUT the caffeine. Chicory Root is also sometimes blended with coffee beans to make many delicious beverages with half the caffeine.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Roasted Chicory Root is also often used as a dietary supplement because the root contains inulin, which is a prebiotic, natural sweetener, and a source of dietary fiber. Inulin is also used for stabilizing blood sugar levels and aids in weight loss, perfect for many alternative diets.
- INCREDIBLE FLAVOR – Chicory Root has a sweet and distinct caramelized flavour, similar to roasted coffee. When it is roasted it is spicy with a slightly bitter after taste, is slightly woody and nutty. Brew incredible tasting caffeine free coffee with or without belding with dark roast coffee to reduce or eliminate caffeine intake.
- USAGE IDEAS – Infuse steamed milk for a cafe latte, or grind into your coffee beans before brewing. For a famous New Orleans Café du Monde coffee, blend 2/3 cup French roast coffee and 1/3 cup chicory root. Brew in a French press, sweeten and add hot milk or cream to your preference.