ANCHO Chili Powder 454 g Royal Command
Ancho powder is from the poblano chile and is the most commonly used in authentic Mexican cooking and is a staple in red chili and tamales. Ancho powder is the product of dried, ground and fully ripened poblanos and as a result, a little bit can go a long way in a recipe. A terrific choice for mild to medium heat. Use Ancho Powder just as you would salt or pepper. Sprinkle on pasta, baked potatoes, vegetables, soups, pizza, popcorn and more. Also try it to season chicken, stews, potatoes, vegetables and, of course, Mexican dishes.
Dried ancho chilies
- WHY ANCHO? – The majority of chile powders found on your spice rack are filled with chiles that have been cut with other spices. Our Ancho powder is composed of 100% ancho peppers, allowing for a pure moderate spice and rich taste that you will be hooked on.
- THE TASTE – Ancho pepper is a mild chili pepper that provides a slight kick to any dish. It is the perfect spice for those who are looking for a more mild heat. The powder is sweet and smoky, you’ll find yourself reaching for it as much as you do salt and pepper.
- UNIVERSAL SPICE – Ancho powder can be used on absolutely everything. Enjoy on your pizza, pasta, soups, vegetables, and so much more. You name it, you can sprinkle it. Ancho powder is the ultimate spice that enriches every dish.
- TACOS – Ancho powder is a spice well known for making the most delicious taco seasoning. Sprinkle on your ground beef and be amazed by the taste no grocery store spice can provide.
- BBQ BLISS – Enjoy these chiles sprinkled on chicken, steak, grilled vegetables, and our favourite, burgers! Specifically homemade burgers. Summertime calls for ancho and there’s no better way then to start up the barbeque and add the heat.