Black Peppercorn Whole 454 g 24K
In the medieval era, its fame as a spice attracted traders from all part of the world. Crush your own Whole Black Peppercorns for best flavour and add to almost any recipe! Coat steaks with crushed peppercorns before cooking to create the classic dish, steak au poivre. Whole Black Peppercorns can be used to flavour stocks, red wine marinades for game, oil marinades for olives or goat cheese, and in pickles. Coarsely crushed black peppercorns are used in Mignonette sauce for oysters.
- PREMIUM GRADE WHOLE PEPPERCORNS – For adding the best flavor to your meals, choose only 24K Whole Black Peppercorns which you can mill before adding to dishes. Whole Peppercorns ensure you are getting only fresh pepper – not a blend of pepper and other spices.
- FRESH BLACK PEPPER – Perhaps the best loved, and certainly one of the most widely used spices in the world, adding both heat and depth of flavor to nearly any dish. When cooking, add pepper just before removing the dish from heat to ensure best flavor.
- WORLDWIDE VERSATILE SPICE – Black Pepper is a key ingredient to almost all savory recipes, and can be found on nearly every dinner table across North America. Mose cuisines use fresh peppercorns in their food and spice blends, including garam masala, baharat, and mignonette.
- SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTION PROCESS – Our Gourmet Whole Black peppercorns are produced by picking mature but unripe berries, boiling briefly, then allowed to ferment and dry naturally in the sun until wrinkled and black. Packaged through a strict quality control process and ready to take their rightful place in your kitchen. Black Pepper is moderately hot, pungent and aromatic.
- USAGE IDEAS – From a culinary standpoint, Black Pepper’s uses are nearly endless, but some traditional suggestions include coating meats with crushed black peppercorns; adding pepper to warm beverages such as chai tea, sprinkling on freshly cut fruit for a spicy kick, and grinding pepper into a bowl of olive oil with balsamic vinegar to create a dipping sauce for bread and vegetables.