Golden Pastry Sheets 20 ct Almondena
The choice of chefs, leaf gelatin is easy to use and measure in the kitchen. Gold Leaf Sheet Gelatin is derived from animal products, including pork and beef, and is an odourless and flavourless thickening agent that forms a gel when combined with liquid and heat. Leaf gelatin melts more slowly than granular gelatin and produces a crystal clear gel. Gold leaf gelatin sets firm (200 Bloom strength) and is ideal in the preparation of jellies, mousses, marshmallows, sweet or savoury bavarois and aspics. Sheet count: 20
- SMOOTHER RESULT THAN POWDERED – Used by cooks and chefs all over the world, Gelatin Gold Leaves set at a much clearer and at a smoother consistency compared to powdered gelatine. This is the main reason why leaf gelatine is preferred by both professionals and regular bakers.
- ODOURLESS AND FLAVOURLESS – Gelatin Leaves are almost odourless and flavourless, and impart none of its own flavour into the dish, which allows the flavour of the dish to shine through.
- EASE OF USE – Many chefs also prefer leaves over powder for ease of use. They allow for the counting of leaves rather than weighing out powder, and there is no chance of undissolved granules as can happen with the powder . European recipes typically call for the use of gelatin leaves.
- STAPLE OF MOLECULAR GASTRONOMY – Gelatin is a staple of modern cuisine. Either upgrade from powder to leaves for a more gourmet end product, or dip your toes in this world with these easy-to-use leaves.
- ALMOST LIMITLESS USES – Apart from making delicious jellies, you can make a plethora of other dishes including panna cotta, aspics, bavarois, chilled soufleé, mousse, marshmallow, terrine, blancmange... the possibilities are as wide reaching as your imagination.