Pectin (Apple) Powder 40 g Texturestar
If you make your own preserves like jam and jellies, then you know the importance of Pectin Powder. Pectin is a gelling, thickening and stabilizing additive in food that is most commonly derived from fruit such as apples or citrus. Pectin Powder requires specific levels of sugar and acid in order to gel. Pectin Powder gives gelling structure to jams and jellies, particularly quick cooking jams. It is also used in low-fat baked goods as a fat substitute and helps to suspend fruit in liquid smoothies and yogurt drinks. We do not recommend for Pate de Fruit recipes as we have not tested for the proper sugar pectin ratios. Ratio for jam or jelly consistency is 0.3-0.6%
- WHAT IS PECTIN? – Pectin is a compound that is found in many fruits, with apples specifically containing high amounts of pectin. It is al method used to treat digestive disorders and support overall well being.
- USES – Pectin Apple Powder is a key ingredient in the creation of many jams and jellies and can often be used as a fat substitute. Pectin Apple Powder can be easily mixed with water or juice and taken as a dietary supplement or mixed in with your favourite recipe.
- PERFECT JELLY & JAM – Pectin is used to thicken without having to use as much sugar or cook as long. The following have very low or no pectin, requiring this powders use to make jams or jellies. Apricot, Blueberry, Sweet Cherry, Fig, Grapefruit, Grapes, Guava, Nectarine, and Peaches always require.
- NUITRITOUS JAMS – If trying to cut down on your consumption of processed sugar or other sweeteners, using pectin to help set your jams or jellies is necessary. By using this powder you’ll be able to create your favorite homemade jams while using 40% LESS SUGAR.
- DIGESTIVE BENEFITS – Pectin Apple Powder is a source of soluble fibre that is excellent for normalizing your bowel movements and regulate your digestive system,