Ras el Hanout 55 g Epicureal
A "top of the shop" spice blend used heavily in Moroccan and North African cuisine. Ras el Hanout is typically made by combining a concoction of the individual shop’s finest spices. The mixture may vary from shop to shop, but typically includes nutmeg, cardamom, clove, cinnamon, chili pepper, ground peppercorns and coriander. This Ras el Hanout is a traditional blend that will add authenticity to a wide variety of dishes. Use it in marinades, meat rubs and as a seasoning condiment.
- LEGENDARY SPICE – The Arabic phrase “ras el hanout ” really means “top shelf.” Legend has it this Moroccan spice blend was created by North African spice dealers who would mix together the best of what they had on offer, thus creating a heady, aromatic signature blend.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS – This luxurious Arabic spice blend is made with spices and ingredients that are sure to pack a punch of delicious flavour. They include coriander, curry, rice flour, chillies, cumin, and salt.
- INCREDIBLY FLAVOURFUL – It makes whatever it touches incredible flavourful, and has an almost curry like flavour. Since it’s a blend, it’s convenient to use in marinades, as a rub, as a seasoning in many dishes like stews and soups, and as a condiment since you only have to measure out one thing. Moroccans even believe it has aphrodisiac properties.
- VARIOUS USES – Ras el hanout is a classic Moroccan spice mix that is often used in spice rubs, marinades, soups, and other recipes. Mix Ras el Hanout with softened butter or sour cream to instantly make an interesting topping, or toss it over fresh popcorn for a savory snack.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – One of the perks of the long list of ingredients include a few health perks. The peppers help with managing cholesterol, the fibrous coriander helps with constipation, and the curry helps with digestion.