Gum Xanthan 400 g Texturestar
Xanthan gum is a natural carbohydrate produced by fermenting glucose with Xanthomonas campestris bacteria (found in cabbage). It's become very popular in the gluten free baking. It is used as an emulsifier or a thickener. Xanthan Gum is used in emulsify salad dressings and suspend herbs/spices in the dressing. Soluble in hot or cold water. Stable over a range of pH and temperatures. Can thicken items with a high alcohol content. Compatible with, and stable in, high salt concentrations. It does not alter the flavour or colour of foods.
- ONE QUALITY INGREDIENT – Our xanthan gum only has one ingredient: xanthan gum. This makes it so that you can be confident that there are no preservatives or extra ingredients that you didn’t sign up for. Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- EFFECTIVE EMULSIFYING AGENT – Xanthan gum is one of the best emulsifying agents, and is great at helping oil and water stay together in food. This makes it particularly useful for making salad dressings, gravies, nut butters and spreads.
- ESSENTIAL GLUTEN-FREE INGREDIENT – Xanthan gum is essential for gluten-free baking, as it gives breads and baked goods a solid structure and helps them retain more moisture than they would otherwise. Our xanthan gum is verified gluten-free.
- PLETHORA OF OTHER USAGES – Xanthan gum is great for thickening liquid to turn them into delicious sauces, creating light foams and froths, and helps batter cling more easily to foods (like tempura). The limits end only with your imagination!
- STABLE AGENT – Xanthan gum is a very stable agent that is soluble in both hot and cold water, is pH stable and isn’t broken down by the microwave.